21 May Getting Started with Turbo Tour
As with all new projects I needed to decided what technologies I am going to use to build the app. So I decided to learn React Native. But why?
The React Native documentation and examples are great, and once I was one the website https://facebook.github.io/react-native/ I was able to get some examples going on installed on both my Android on Ios phones – plus the simulators for development. I made some example pages, including a crude racing simulator to prove it would work. Once this was done, I was happy to continue working on the project.
I am going to do some blog updates as I work through the project.
Here are some things I need to work on over the coming week:
- Create the basic race simulator – including dynamic race choice, rider selection for groups, time gaps, expected effort and results
- Basic branding – I am not going to spend too long on this right now, I just need a logo, color scheme and some gragphics for the game
- Effort output – how to I let the user know what effort the trainer is expecting from them? There are so many different trainers out there
- Different races/workouts – I need to create some content for the actual races, each race needs to have a story, but also a workout and a feeling of involvement for the person doing the workout
- User registration – I would want to the user to register some how so they can store all of their efforts off the device for future reference – this could use facebook, google, strava or basic login
- Strava Integration – so the user can easily upload their workout to strava
- Create a Player – I have decided it would be more fun for the user to be able to put a basic character into the races
- Male & Female racers – I want to include both male and female racers, so the users can race against male/female/mixed riders in the game
- Website SEo – I will need to create a website and seo plan to try and rank up with competitors